MacroGenics is a leader in the discovery and development of innovative medicines that utilize our next generation antibody-based technologies. Our team of 300+ dedicated individuals is advancing a pipeline of product candidates to treat patients with cancer as well as various autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Our products and platforms have attracted multiple partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies around the globe.
The Company considers its employees to be its most valuable asset and we are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to learn and grow as a means to further their professional development. MacroGenics' corporate culture promotes an atmosphere of innovation, open communication and teamwork where employees can see firsthand how they contribute to the success of the organization.
This position is responsible for performing activities to support analytical testing programs at MacroGenics to ensure compliance with cGMP standards including in-process, product release and stability testing. This individual will guide and partner with lower level QC analysts to provide feedback and technical information. This individual will also ensure accurate documentation, timely completion of all analytical related testing, and timely review of data, while adhering to standard operating procedures and cGMPs.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
• Performs routine analytical testing including complex methods such as HPLC, CE, ELISA, and Cell Culture as well as basic methods such as concentration by UV absorbance, pH, conductivity, and osmolality, for in-process, product release, and stability samples on a daily basis in accordance with all protocols and procedures. Enters data into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
• Performs peer review of test data generated by other analysts to identify discrepancies and out of range results and to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures and GMPs. Identifies analytical data trends and reports findings and provides recommendation to supervisors for review and consideration.
• Conducts investigation when there are out of specification results from testing and reports to supervisor.
• Initiates and monitors progress of analytical related Quality event records (e.g., Deviations and CAPAs) and conducts investigations to determine root cause and possible resolution.
• Develops, revises, and updates standard operating procedures, as needed.
• Collaborates with Senior QC team members to participate in the development, transfer, and validation of analytical testing methods and conducts training on analytical test methods to other QC Analysts as needed.
• Overseas lab equipment calibration and maintenance processes as required for testing per standard operating procedures, and raises any concerns about equipment to supervisor for resolution.
• Participates in troubleshooting of analytical test methods and instruments, as needed.
• Performs special projects related to problems encountered with analytical testing and instruments, and makes recommendations for solutions that will minimize future issues.
• Mentors and trains lower lever analysts, as needed.
• Prepares general lab solutions and buffers as needed and monitors expirations of these solutions and buffers.
Education, Experience, & Credentials
• High School Diploma and minimum of 8 years directly related experience
• Associate’s degree in scientific field of study and 5 years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline and minimum of 4 years experience
• Experience in one or more of the following areas required: Potency testing, Chromatography testing, Quality Control, Raw Material testing, and/or GMP testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of good laboratory practices.
• Excellent understanding of GMPs related to the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily activities to meet internal customer needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work on extremely complex problems in which analysis of situation or data requires an in depth evaluation of intangible variables.
• Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Demonstrate the confidence to exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Demonstrating ability to coach and train others.
• Be able to work in a team environment in a cooperative and respectful manner.
• Ability to stand for periods of time when performing tasks on the floor.
• Ability to work a varied schedule including off shift and weekends.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
MacroGenics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com or call (301) 354-3566 and/or 711 for TTD/TTY service.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.